Software for Integrated Financial Management
SouthWare’s Accounting Software fully integrates your accounting and related processes. This robust system has been refined over many years to handle the most challenging needs of businesses of all sizes.Request a Demo
What can SouthWare Financial Accounting Software do for you?
The center of your accounting system software, General Ledger Software provides powerful divisional and departmental accounting functions. Maintain your journal, log recurring entries, generate audit trails, and create custom financial statements.
With General Ledger at the center of your financial accounting system, you can:
- Print financial statements and other reports for all of the years for which you’ve saved history.
- Use unlimited budgets and forecasts for inquiry and reporting; create revised budgets and forecasts at any time.
- Export financial statements, and drill down as needed to supporting information.
Track obligations to suppliers, control cash flow, and speed data entry with the accounting applications in Accounts Payable. Produce a wide array of predesigned reports, and take advantage of the flexibility to pay all invoices, prepay selected vendors, or split invoices for payment.
With Accounts Payable helping you prioritize your payments, you can:
- Save time and money with the ability to review outstanding payments by vendor and select which payments to hold or release.
- Improve your efficiency with quick entry and defaults on headers.
- Manage your expenses efficiently and keep your accounts up to date with user-defined terms, aging periods, and cutoff dates.
- Assess your financial position by producing timely reports.
Manage your cash, know your customers, and analyze performance and trends with Accounts Receivable. Assign active or inactive status to your customers, use drill-down functionality to see source transactions from inquiry screens, and save time with batch processing capabilities.
With Accounts Receivable’s flexible cash flow management options, you will:
- Produce timely reports to identify your best customers and stay on top of sales patterns.
- Track every aspect of your sales and receivables in a timely manner, improve the inflow of cash, and make the most of sales trends.
- Evaluate your cash discounts program and spot delinquent accounts early.
Complete all of your payroll processing tasks with Payroll. Track hourly and salaried employee wages, print checks, manage sick and vacation accruals, and produce timely W-2 reports.
With Payroll helping you simplify payday, you can:
- Analyze payroll expenses and employee productivity to help control costs and review expense distribution.
- Produce detailed reports to help you plan and generate a budget.
- Maintain detailed records with clear audit trails, and keep up to date with tax law changes.
Knowing your cash flow situation is vital to your business success. You’ve got to have complete insight into your cash, but you don’t want to spend a lot of time gathering and analyzing data. Cash Flow Ledger puts all the information about your cash right at your fingertips. Cash transactions from your SouthWare business system flow automatically into Cash Flow Ledger. Without any extra work you’ve got all the information and tools you need to answer your cash flow questions. And when you reconcile your bank account the system will automatically show you where your G/L differs from your bank account.
The first step in getting paid for your sales is getting a clear and accurate invoice to your customer right away. The longer you wait to bill a customer, the longer you can expect to wait to get paid. And if the invoice doesn’t clearly detail the reason for the bill, then you may wait even longer.
A great solution to your basic billing needs, SouthWare’s Invoicing Adapter allows you to enter the details of your invoice and include them on your customer invoice. You get many of the powerful features found in SouthWare’s other invoicing modules without paying for features you don’t need.
Fixed Assets gives you the power to analyze the tax and cash-flow implications of assets and track their valuation and depreciation. Stay up to date using the provided set of IRS-supplied depreciation tables, as well as MACRS, ACRS, straight line, sum-of-the-year digits, and declining balance recovery method support.
With Fixed Assets helping you make capital decisions, you will:
- Use forecasting tools to evaluate leases, amortize loans, and experiment with depreciation strategies.
- Meet tax reporting requirements with a full range of financial and management reports.
- Track the difference between estimated depreciable and actual service life and calculate the cost or proceeds from the retirement of an asset.
Following up on your past due customer accounts is not one of the most pleasant business tasks, but it is an important one. Every business has customers who seem to procrastinate on sending payment until you give them a polite, but firm, reminder. Make your collection efforts more organized and easier.
SouthWare’s Collections Adapter, an add-on option with Accounts Receivable, allows you to schedule follow-up calls, enter collection call information, and track customer commitments. You’ll get a better return on your time spent doing collections because you’ll have a complete record of what’s been done and said. Get the tools you need to eliminate excuses for non-payment.
Many U.S. and Canadian businesses have trading partners (vendors or customers) in foreign countries. Transactions with these partners may involve other monetary currencies, and the tracking and reporting of these multi-currency transactions is a challenging task. SouthWare’s International Transactions provides supplemental features so that you can record, track, and report multi-currency transactions involving international trading partners while maintaining your dollar-based internal records.
When your business revolves around projects and jobs, you must have a good job tracking system. Most jobs involve so many types of costs that you need comprehensive records on each job just to know whether you’re making money or not. SouthWare’s Job Cost gives you the tools you need to keep your jobs under control without getting bogged down in paperwork. Setting up new jobs is easy, and you can even copy standard jobs from templates. Your costs and revenues will be automatically updated by other parts of your SouthWare system. Overhead, recognizing job progress in G/L, and work-in-process updates can all be done in minutes.